Albondigas Roasted Chili Elbow SoupSpanish version 2018-01-04
Mexican Meatball Directions: Combine all ingredients in mixer. Paddle mixture on Lbs1 for 2 minutes until well combined. Using 1 oz scoop, form meatballs and place on sheet tray.
Albondigas Roasted Chili Elbow Soup Directions: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water, chill to below 40ºF.
Heat canola oil in large sauce pot or kettle over medium heat, add garlic and onions and sauté for 4 minutes until onions are translucent. Add water and whisk in chicken base am and turn heat to medium high. Bring to simmer.
Add meatballs and cook until internal temperature of 165 ºF. Add kosher salt, black pepper and pasta and bring back to simmer.
Serve immediately or hold above 140 ºF.
- Mexican Meatball Ingredients:
- 20 lbs. Ground Beef 20 lbs. Ground Beef
- 5 lbs. 90/10 Ground Pork
- 8 cups Brown Rice
- 4 cups Cooked Onions
- ½ cup Small Diced Garlic
- ¼ cup Minced Cumin
- 1 cup Ground Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 10 Eggs
- 5 cups Cornmeal
- Albondigas Roasted Chili Elbow Soup Ingredients:
- 6 lbs. 4 oz. Whole Grain Elbow
- 1 cup Garlic Minced Roasted Peeled Diced 1 cup Garlic Minced Roasted Peeled Diced 1 cup Garlic Minced Roasted Peeled Diced 1 cup Garlic Minced Roasted Peeled Diced
- ½ cups Poblanos Diced 6
- 5 lbs. ¾ cup Minor’s Low Sodium Chicken Base
- 12.5 quarts Hot Water
- 200 ea Mexican Meatballs
- 3 tbsp Prep Recipe Kosher Salt
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Whole Grain Elbows
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.