Barilla Casarecce with a Creamy Porcini Sauce and Black Truffle Butter2019-08-16
Ultimate indulgence and over-the-top umami from porcini cream sauce and black truffle butter.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a medium rondo, add the olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute over low heat.
Add the mushrooms and saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and toss the pasta with the sauce.
Remove the skillet from the fire, and fold in the cheese and truffle butter. Garnish with parsley.
- 3 lbs. Barilla® Casarecce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ea garlic cloves
- 3 oz dried porcini (reconstituted in hot water)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp black truffle butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 3 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
Chef Recommended Cuts
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.