Barilla Gluten Free Penne with Roasted Almond and Arugula Pesto2018-07-31
Fava beans and in-season heirloom tomatoes make for a perfect picnic pasta salad. To make this a heartier main dish, add 4-1/2 pounds of medium cooked, peeled shrimp.
Heat oil and garlic scapes in large skillet on medium heat, 2-5 min. or until slightly softened and aromatic. Remove pan from heat; cool.
Place arugula, almonds, cooled garlic scapes and oil in work bowl of food processor; process until smooth. Add cheese; pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook as directed on package. Drain; transfer to large mixing bowl.
Gently toss hot pasta with prepared pesto. Fold in tomatoes, fava beans and basil.
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped garlic scapes
- 1 quart loosely packed arugula
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 4 oz. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 lbs. Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1 lb. seeded, diced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup shelled fava beans, blanched, shocked
- 1/2 cup loosely backed basil leaves, chiffonade
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Gluten Free Penne
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.