Barilla Orecchiette with Schug Infused San Marzano Tomato & Eggplant Sauce2018-07-31
This Israeli influenced sauce features tomatoes, onions and eggplant infused with a fiery green chile garlic sauce.
For the Herbed Labneh:
Combine all ingredients for Herbed Labneh in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less than directed on package. Drain.
Heat oil in large rondeaux on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 3-4 min. or until softened. Add eggplant; cook 7-10 min. or until golden brown.
Stir in schug and tomatoes; bring mixture to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add pasta to sauce; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon Herbed Labneh before serving.
- For the Herbed Labneh: 1-1/2 cups labneh 1 tablespoon chopped chives 1 tablespoon chopped dill 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 lbs. Barilla Collezione Orecchiette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, cut into thin slivers
- 3 medium eggplants, diced
- 3/4 cup prepared schug
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) peeled San Marzano Tomatoes, crushed by hand
Chef Recommended Cuts
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.