Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti with Moroccan Vegetable Stew2020-03-12
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Meanwhile, in a large rondo, sauté onion with spices in oil for about five minutes. Add peppers, eggplant, and garlic. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, broth, and orange juice. Stew for 30 minutes over medium low heat.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain, and toss the pasta with the sauce.
Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- 3 lb. Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 1½ cups safflower oil or other mild oil
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. cumin
- 4 tbsp. coriander
- 6 cups yellow onion, julienne
- 6 ea. medium green bell peppers, julienne
- 6 ea. medium red bell peppers, julienne
- 6 ea. medium yellow bell peppers, julienne
- 3 ea. large eggplants, peeled and ½ inch diced
- 12 ea. garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ea. large bunches of cilantro, chopped