Chickpea Casarecce Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables & Gribiche Sauce2019-02-27
The cooked egg yolks in this sauce help to emulsify the dressing that has roots in French cuisine.
1. Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stove top. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less than directed on package. Drain; arrange pasta on sheet trays in single layer. Cover and refrigerate to cool.
2. Toss apples and turnips with oil; arrange in single layer on sheet pans. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in 400 degrees standard oven 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, mustard and parsley in blender or work bowl of food processor. Slowly add remaining olive oil in a steady stream. Blend until mixture is thickened; season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine with eggs and pickles in small bowl.
4. Gently toss pasta, sauce, roasted vegetables, grapes and arugula in large bowl until combined.
Chef Notes: Sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Refrigerate in tightly covered container; temper at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Substitute drained capers for the cornichon pickles.
- Ingredients for Gribiche Sauce:
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 6 tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 hardboiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cornichon pickles
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Ingredients for Chickpea Casarecce Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Gribiche Sauce:
- 3 lbs Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 6 Granny Smith apples, cored, finely chopped
- 6 medium turnips, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 quarts red and green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 lb baby arugula
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Chickpea Casarcce
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.