Chickpea Casarecce with Spicy Tomato & Eggplant Sauce2019-02-27
This spicy tomato sauce gets a tangy punch from gorgonzola cheese.
1. Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
2. Heat oil in large rondeaux on medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and garlic; cook 1-2 min. Add eggplant; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 2-3 min. until edges begin to brown. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5-6 min. until slightly thickened. Season to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
3. Add pasta, cheese and basil; toss with sauce until combined.
Chef Notes: Substitute blue cheese for the gorgonzola.
- 3 lbs Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 small eggplants, diced
- 1 gallon canned San Marzano tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 8 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed small basil leaves
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Chickpea Casarcce
This information is per serving.