Chickpea Rotini with Chicken & Mushroom Ragout2019-02-27
This protein-packed version of an Italian classic has savory hints of flavor from pan roasted mushrooms and truffle oil.
1. Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
2. Heat oil in large rondeaux on medium heat. Add shallots; cook 1-2 min. until edges begin to brown. Add chicken; cook 3-4 min., stirring frequently, until cooked through.
3. Increase heat to medium-high; add mushrooms. Cook 6-8 min. until softened and most liquid is evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sherry; deglaze pan. Add broth; cook 8-10 minutes until chicken is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss to coat. Remove pan from heat. Stir in butter, truffle oil and cheese.
Chef Notes: Garnish this dish with chopped fresh herbs such as Italian parsley or chervil or truffle shavings.
A mix of cremini, shitake and button mushrooms works well.
- 3 lbs Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 3 lbs mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups dry sherry
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp truffle oil
- 12 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Chickpea Casarecce
Red Lentil Penne with Vegetarian Meatballs & Spicy Tomato Sauce
Chickpea Rotini Pasta Salad with Watermelon, Asparagus & Feta
Chickpea Casarecce Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables & Gribiche Sauce
Chickpea Rotini with Marinated Tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano
Red Lentil Penne with Eggplant Caponata
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.