Collard Green Pesto2019-05-02
Collard greens, vegetable broth, and lemon juice transform this pesto into something unique.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt, cook the pasta for half the recommended time, then drain and toss with some oil. Place onto a sheet tray then into the fridge to cool down.
In a food processor, add collard greens, basil, cheese, lemon and lemon zest, and olive oil.
Pulse all of the ingredients together.
Add vegetable stock, herbs, garlic and seasonings.
For service, cook the pasta in well-seasoned water for about a minute, remove from water, and toss with pesto.
Serve in a large white bowl garnished with more lemon zest.
- 3 pkgs Barilla® pasta
- 3 cups collard greens, trimmed and chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 ½ ea lemons, zested and juiced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 ea garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper
Chef Recommended Cuts
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.