Creamy Cauliflower Mac n’ Cheese2018-01-05
Creamy Mac n’ Cheese from FDR Chef Katie Sutton
Cauliflower Soup Directions: Whisk together chicken base and hot water. Place chicken base with water, cauliflower, dried thyme, lowfat milk and kosher salt in large stock pot over medium high heat. Bring to boil, turn down to simmer and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Blend until smooth. Label, date and chill to below 40ºF until used.
Potato Soup Directions: Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Label, date and chill to below 40ºF until used.
Creamy Mac n’ Cheese Directions: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water, chill to below 40ºF.
Heat soups in large sauce pot over medium heat stirring consistently so soup does not stick to bottom of pan. Whisk in cheese and kosher salt. Bring to Simmer.
Add pasta and bring temperature to 165ºF.
Serve immediately or hold above 140 ºF.
- Cauliflower Soup Ingredients:
- 12 lbs. Cauliflower Florets
- 4 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 3 TB. Minor’s Low Sodium Chicken Base
- 3 qts. Hot Water
- 1 qt. Lowfat Milk 2%
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Potato Soup Ingredients:
- 4 gal. Campbells Potato Soup, Condensed
- 4 gal. Nonfat Milk
- Creamy Mac n’ Cheese Ingredients:
- 6 lbs. 4 oz. Whole Grain Elbow
- 1 gal. Cauliflower Soup (see recipe)
- 3 qts. Potato Soup (see recipe)
- 4 lbs. 2 oz. Velveeta Cheese