Ground Beef Creamy Tomato Penne Soup2018-01-16
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water, chill to below 40ºF.
Heat large sauce pot over high heat. Add ground beef and sauté until no pink remains and temperature is 165ºF.
Turn heat down to medium and add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes until onions are soft. Season with Kosher salt, black pepper and oregano.
Add vegetable base, water and red sauce bring to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then whisk in cream cheese.
Add pasta and bring temperature back to 165ºF.
Serve immediately or hold above 140 ºF.
- 6 Lbs 4 oz Barilla Whole Grain Penne
- 6.25 Lbs Ground Beef, 90/10
- 5 Lbs 12 oz Onion, Diced ¼ inch
- 2 cups Garlic, Minced
- 4 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Oregano
- 7 Tbsp Low Sodium Vegetable Base
- 7 quarts Hot Water
- 5 quarts Red Sauce, No Salt or Sugar Added
- 6 ¼ cups Light Cream Cheese