Harissa Verde Orecchiette with Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes2017-04-18
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Type: Entrée, Salad, Product Line: Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
Harissa comes from North Africa and adds a spicy kick to dishes. Use several colors of cherry tomatoes for contrast and eye appeal. Sliced grilled chicken or fish would be a good addition to this vegetarian recipe from Barilla America.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
Puree the shallots, garlic, jalapenos, poblanos, cilantro, cumin, and olive oil until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For each serving, to order: Reheat 1 cup pasta in simmering water. Drain and add to a pan with some harissa sauce and 2/3 cup tomatoes. Toss and heat through. Plate and garnish with 2 Tbsp. feta.
- 3 lb. Barilla Collezione Orecchiette
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped shallots
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped
- 4 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 4 bunches cilantro
- 4 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 16 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Casarecce Siciliane
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.