Korean Bibimbap with Barilla® Fideo2018-01-05
Fideo pasta makes a great base for this traditionally Korean bowl meal topped with contrasting colors, textures and bold flavors.
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook 2 min. less than directed on package. Drain; chill.
Combine carrots, chili oil and sesame seeds in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
Place gochujang, sesame oil, water, honey and rice vinegar in blender jar. Blend until smooth and combined. Reserve 1/3 cup gochujang mixture for garnish.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in large rondeau over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Return same pan to medium heat. Add canola oil and onions; cook and stir 5-6 min. or until crisp-tender.
Add garlic; sauté 30 sec. or until fragrant. Add cooked pasta; sauté 2-3 min. tossing frequently until heated through. Stir in kimchi liquid and remaining gochujang mixture.
Portion each serving in bowls before topping with carrot salad, bacon pieces, fried egg, scallions, sesame seeds and reserved gochujang sauce.
- 3 pounds Barilla® Fideo Cut Spaghetti
- 1 quart shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chili oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 cup gochujang (Korean fermented chile paste)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2-1/2 pounds bacon, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces napa cabbage kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup reserved kimchi liquid
- 2 dozen eggs, fried over-easy
- 8 ounces sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds