Mediterranean Shrimp Salad with Tri-Color Rotini2015-09-17
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Type: Entrée, Salad, Product Line: Barilla Veggie, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
Greek flavors predominate in this vegetable-packed salad with cooked shrimp. Using Tri-Color pasta brightens up the presentation.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
Blanch or saute the shrimp; set them aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients, including the shrimp and pasta. Check the seasoning and refrigerate until needed.
- 5 lb. Barilla Tri-Color Rotini
- 5 lb. shrimp (31/35 count), peeled and deveined
- 2 lb. julienned red onion
- 1 lb. capers, drained
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 1/2 lb. grape tomatoes
- 2 1/2 lb. kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 lb. red bell peppers, diced
- 2 lb. yellow bell peppers, diced
- 5 heads radicchio, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 10 heads endive, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz. olive oil
- 6 oz. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Tri-Color Penne
- Tri-Color Rotini
- Veggie Rotini
Barilla® Chickpea Rotini with Arugula, Sweet Tomatoes, Wheat Berries, Red Quinoa, Farro, Creamy Cilantro Ginger Dressing, and Crunchy Wild Rice
Barilla® Red Lentil Penne with Warm Eggplant Caponata, Pine Nuts and Mint
Lamb Ragout with Berbere
Barilla® Gluten Free Rotini with a Charred Green Onion Pesto, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds and Dried Cherries
Plus Penne with Savory Tomato Sauce, Creamy Ricotta, Calabrian Chili Oil and Toasted Bread Crumbs
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.