Mezzi Rigatoni with Clams, Plum Tomatoes and Green Pea Sauce2018-04-20
This seafood pasta featuring a bright green sweet pea sauce is light, fresh and perfect for spring.
Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less than directed on package. Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta water.
Meanwhile, bring wine to a boil in medium pot. Add clams; cover with lid. Cook 3-5 min. or until shells open. Discard any unopen clams; reserve liquid.
Heat ¼ cup oil and garlic in large rondeau on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 min. or until opaque. Stir in reserved clam liquid, pasta, tomatoes and parsley; cook 1-2 min. until heated through.
Sweat onion with 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add peas; cook 1-2 min. or until tender. Cool slightly; blend peas in batches, adding pasta water in ½-cup increments as needed until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For each serving, spread ¼ cup Green Pea Sauce on bottom of plate. Mound pasta mixture in center of sauce. Garnish evenly with clams and a drizzle of remaining olive oil.
- 3 pounds Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine
- 6 pounds Manila or small littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2-cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined (36/40 count)
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, blanched, seeded, diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Mezzi RIgatoni
This information is per serving.