Penne with Tomato Basil Sauce, Roasted Squash and Parmigiano Reggiano2018-06-04
- Cuisine: American, Traditional Italian, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
A simple, classic dish with the sweet addition of roasted butternut squash.
Combine squash and 2 tablespoons olive oil on half sheet pan. Bake in 425F standard oven for 15-20 min. or until lightly browned and cooked through. Cool.
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stove top. Add pasta; cook 2 min. less than directed on package. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in rondeau on medium heat. Add onion; cook 2-3 min. or until softened. Add garlic; cook 1 min. or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and water; simmer 10 min. or until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in pasta; toss to coat. Fold in roasted squash. Garnish each serving with cheese and basil.
- 1-1/2 lbs butternut squash, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 lbs Barilla Penne
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pkg. (28 ounces) chopped San Marzano tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 6 ounces grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh basil
Chef Recommended Cuts
Gluten Free Spaghetti with Spinach-Parsley Pesto and Blistered Grape Tomatoes
Italian-Style Mac & Cheese with Roasted Butternut Squash
Orecchiette Pugliese with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
ProteinPLUS® Penne with Pesto, Charred Cauliflower and Crispy Bacon
ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti with Anchovies and Red Chiles
This information is per serving.