ProteinPLUS® Penne with Pesto, Charred Cauliflower and Crispy Bacon2018-06-04
- Cuisine: American, Traditional Italian, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla ProteinPLUS®, Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina, Barilla® Whole Grain
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stove top. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less than directed on package. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large rondeau on medium-high heat. Add cauliflower; cook 8-10 min., tossing frequently until edges are slightly charred. Remove pan from heat.
Add pasta and pesto to rondeau. Cook on low heat 3-4 min. until combined and heated through.
Garnish with pine nuts and bacon before serving
- 3 lbs Barilla ProteinPLUS® Penne
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs small cauliflower florets
- 3 jars (6.3 ounces each) Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1-1/2 cups cooked diced bacon
Chef Recommended Cuts
- PLUS® Penne
Gluten Free Spaghetti with Spinach-Parsley Pesto and Blistered Grape Tomatoes
Italian-Style Mac & Cheese with Roasted Butternut Squash
Orecchiette Pugliese with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
Penne with Tomato Basil Sauce, Roasted Squash and Parmigiano Reggiano
ProteinPLUS® Spaghetti with Anchovies and Red Chiles
This information is per serving.