ProteinPLUS® Penne with Pesto, Charred Cauliflower and Crispy Bacon2018-06-04
- Cuisine: American, Traditional Italian, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla ProteinPLUS®, Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina, Barilla® Whole Grain
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stove top. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less than directed on package. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large rondeau on medium-high heat. Add cauliflower; cook 8-10 min., tossing frequently until edges are slightly charred. Remove pan from heat.
Add pasta and pesto to rondeau. Cook on low heat 3-4 min. until combined and heated through.
Garnish with pine nuts and bacon before serving
- 3 lbs Barilla ProteinPLUS® Penne
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs small cauliflower florets
- 3 jars (6.3 ounces each) Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pine nuts
- 1-1/2 cups cooked diced bacon
Chef Recommended Cuts
- PLUS® Penne
Barilla Red Lentil Rotini Pasta Salad with Sherry Vinegar and Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
Veggie Penne Salad with Shrimp, Saffron and Paprika
ProteinPLUS® Penne with Spicy Lamb Ragout
Barilla Whole Grain Penne with Calabrian Chile Butter, Garlic, Cashew & Currant Crumble
Barilla Orecchiette with Schug Infused San Marzano Tomato & Eggplant Sauce
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.