ProteinPLUS Spaghetti with Sundried Tomato Sauce2016-10-21
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla ProteinPLUS®, Barilla® Whole Grain
The Dartmouth University dining hall offers this light sauce of fresh and sundried tomatoes over ProteinPLUS spaghetti for a satisfying vegan entree. Capers and basil add color and hits of flavor.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
In a bain marie, combine the water, soup base, and lemon juice. Set aside to keep warm.
For each serving, to order: Heat about 1/2 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp garlic in a saute pan. Add 1 oz. fresh tomatoes and 1/4 oz. sundried and let them heat for a few minutes. Stir in 1/4 oz capers.
Reheat 2/3 cup pasta in simmering water. Drain and add it to the pan with 1 oz. lemon-water mixture. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Plate the pasta.
- 30 oz. Barilla ProteinPLUS Spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 oz. gluten-free vegetable soup base
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lb. diced fresh tomatoes
- 6 oz. julienned rehydrated sundried tomatoes
- 6 oz. drained capers
- Salt and pepper
Chef Recommended Cuts
- PLUS® Spaghetti
- PLUS® Thin Spaghetti
- Whole Grain Thin Spagheti
This information is per serving.