Tortilla Rotini Chicken SoupSpanish version 2018-01-17
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and rinse with cold water, chill to below 40ºF.
Heat canola oil in large sauce pot over medium heat and add onions, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 more minutes until onions are soft.
Add zucchini and sauté for 2 more minutes.
Add chicken and season with oregano, Kosher salt and black pepper.
Season with Kosher salt, black pepper and oregano.
Bring to simmer.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add pasta and chicken and bring temperature back to 165ºF.
Serve immediately with garnish avocado, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips on top of each bowl served.
- 6 Lbs 4 oz Whole Grain Rotini, Barilla
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- 5 Lbs 12 oz Onions, Diced ½ “
- 3 Lbs 8 oz Carrots, Diced ½ “
- 3 Lbs 2 oz Celery, Diced ½”
- 3 Lbs 6 oz Zucchini, Diced ½ “
- 4 Tbsp Oregano
- 4 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1/3 cup Kosher Salt
- 4 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 11 Tbsp Minors Low Sodium Chicken Base
- 2.75 gal Hot Water
- 6.25 Lbs Shredded Cooked White Meat Chicken
- Garnish: (per bowl)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado, Diced ½ “
- 1 tsp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Tortilla Strips
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Whole Grain Rotini
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.