Innovator: Chef Thomas Horner: Hook & Plow, Marriott Waterfront Seattle
Executive Chef Thomas Horner of the Seattle Marriott Waterfront’s Hook & Plow restaurant shares a pasta dish withBarilla® Whole Grain that jumps off the menu page with promise of flavor and freshness.
His Almond Romesco & Garlic Green Beans with Barilla Whole Grain Pasta combines local green beans at their peak with a robust but healthy Spanish sauce.
Most guests probably don’t realize it’s a healthier choice…even with the optional poached quail egg.
Almond Romesco & Garlic Green Beans with Barilla® Whole Grain Pasta
- 1 lb of Barilla® Whole Grain Pasta (spaghetti works best)
- 1 recipe Romesco Sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of parsley
- ½ lb of yellow & green beans cut on 1-inch bias
- 4 whole eggs (quail eggs are preferable)
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta cooks, heat the Romesco Sauce slowly. In a separate pan, bring the olive oil from cold to hot in a pan with the garlic. Add the beans when the garlic starts to brown. Drain pasta and toss with beans and garlic to combine. Mound a 4 oz portion of Romesco Sauce on the bottom of a pasta bowl. Twirl pasta on top of the Romesco Sauce, garnish with chopped basil and fried or poached egg. Top with Reggiano.
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 slice bread
- 1/2 cup fresh toasted whole almonds