Baked Orzotto with Cavallo Nero and Spring Peas2021-03-24
This recipe from Chef Matt Harding is vegetarian, delicious, and easy to make!
1. In a large medium sided pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring
occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, add raw orzo,
lightly toast in pot (1-2 minutes).
2. Season with salt and pepper and add kale, sauté 30 seconds until wilted, add stock, and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Cover and lower to a simmer on cooktop for 8 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and orzo is tender.
4. Add peas and then spinach, stir in and then add in butter, parmesan, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Whipping in the pot. Check seasoning. Serve in a bowl and top with Parmesan.
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Yellow Onion, finely minced
- 3 each Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Lbs. Barilla Orzo
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 12 oz. Tuscan Black Kale, de-stemmed, washed and julienned
- 10 1/2 Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 12 oz. Baby Spinach
- 3 Cups Frozen Peas
- 2 Cups Parmesan Reggiano, grated
- 9 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- Parmesan, for garnish