Barilla Spaghetti con le sarde2018-05-25
Place a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion with half the olive oil for three minutes. Add anchovies and sardines. Slowly cook until fish is breaking down.
Add ½ cup of pasta cooking water, saffron, raisins and blanched fennel.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce and pine nuts before serving.
- 1 box Barilla Spaghetti
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, sliced
- 8 oz. wild fennel fronds
- 10 oz. sardines, clean bone off
- 2 salted anchovies
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in hot water for 10 mins
- To taste salt and pepper