California Pasta Salad2015-09-17
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Type: Entrée, Salad, Product Line: Barilla Gluten Free, Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
What says “California” more than a veggie-rich pasta salad? This vegetarian entrée includes a rainbow of produce and three kinds of dressing for a complex flavor profile.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
In a large bowl, mix the cold pasta with the remaining ingredients (except the nuts). Check the seasoning and refrigerate until needed.
Garnish servings with a sprinkle of pine nuts.
- 5 lb. Barilla Collezione Gnocchetti
- 3 lb. sliced red, yellow and orange bell peppers
- 1 lb. diced red onions
- 2 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 lb. bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- 2 lb. sliced red radishes
- 5 heads radicchio, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 heads endive, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lb. mixed baby lettuces
- 12 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh basil, julienned
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 oz. sundried tomato dressing
- 10 oz. Italian dressing
- 10 oz. balsamic dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. pine nuts, toasted
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Gluten Free Elbows
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.