Cellentani with Heirloom Tomatoes, Beets, & Goat Cheese2020-11-05
Recipe by Jonathon Stranger.
1. Place a large stock pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. . While the water is coming to a boil begin your sauce in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Pour in half of the olive oil and then add all of the peppers and allow to simmer for 3 minutes then add the tomatoes and white wine. Cook down until ½ of the wine has been reduced and add ½ the beet slices and fresh basil. Season with sea salt.
3. When the water comes to a boil cook the Cellentani pasta as directed. When the pasta is al dente, strain, and then add the sauce pan.
4. Toss the pasta with the sauce and add the remainder of the olive oil. Place in a pasta bowl and add the goat cheese on top. Garnish with fresh sunflower petals and the remaining Chioggia beet slices.
- 8 oz Barilla Cellentani Pasta
- 1 cup mixed heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Pepperoncini Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Hungarian Wax Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Chioggia Beets, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- sea salt, to taste
- Fresh sunflower petals & Chioggia Beet slices (optional garnish)
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Cellentani / Cavatappi