Barilla Elbow Mac and Cheese with Turmeric and Roasted Cauliflower2021-02-11
Recipe Courtesy of Chandon Clenard of Stanford University
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil and season to taste with salt.
2. Heat a sheet pan in a 425 degree oven. Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on the sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes, until tender and the tips are charred. Set aside.
3. Cook the pasta for 7 minutes; drain well.
4. In a large sauté pan, add the butter, onions, cumin seeds, and curry powder and sauté until slightly golden. Add the cream and mustard and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat, stir in the cheddar, and toss with the pasta and roasted cauliflower until coated.
5. Divide between 8 individual bowls or serve family-style in a large bowl; top with the toasted breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 each, large heads cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Barilla Elbows
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 each White onion, diced
- 1.5 Tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Curry powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grain mustard
- 1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley