Chickpea Rotini with Chicken & Mushroom Ragout2019-02-27
This protein-packed version of an Italian classic has savory hints of flavor from pan roasted mushrooms and truffle oil.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté the shallot in olive oil for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Deglaze with sherry wine then add, chicken broth.
5. Cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is very tender.
6. Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove the skillet from the heat and add the butter, truffle oil parsley and cheese. Stir everything to combine.
Chef's Recommendations for Garnish: Options for garnish: Parsley, Cheese, Chervil, Shavings of Truffle
- 1 Box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1/2 lb. mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Cups dry sherry
- 1 Cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. truffle oil
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Chickpea Casarecce
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.