Chickpea Rotini with Marinated Tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano2019-02-27
The quick, no-cook tomato sauce delivers fresh summer flavors any time of the year.
1. Bring salted water to a boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stove top. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
2. Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and thyme in large bowl; stir in tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add pasta to tomato mixture. Serve topped with cheese shavings.
Chef Notes: Substitute cherry or grape tomatoes for the plum tomatoes.
This pasta dish should be served warm.
- 3 lbs Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves, julienne-cut
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 18 plum tomatoes, seeded, diced
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano cheese shavings
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Chickpea Rotini
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.