Farmers Market Casarecce Pasta with Pesto2020-03-11
Recipe Courtesy of Keith Brunell
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
In a medium rondo, cook the garlic and chili flakes in olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
Add the beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to the directions, then drain well, reserving the cooking water.
Transfer 2 cups of the pasta cooking water and the pasta to the rondo. Simmer for 2 minutes to meld the flavors.
Fold in the cherry tomatoes and lemon juice and zest. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, add a small amount of pesto to the bottom of am individual plate or a large platter for family style service.
Toss the pasta with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, then plate on top of the pesto.
- 3 lbs. Barilla® Casarecce
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 1 lb. green pole beans, blanched
- 1 lb. yellow wax beans, blanched
- 1½ lb. heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ea. small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1½ cups Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 32 oz. ready made pesto