Greek Salad with Cellentani2015-09-17
Cellentani twists grab onto the colorful ingredients in this salad and make an attractive presentation. Leave out the pepperoni for a quick vegetarian version.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
In a large bowl, mix the cold pasta with the remaining ingredients (except the feta). Check the seasoning and refrigerate until needed.
Garnish servings with a sprinkle of feta.
- 5 lb. Barilla Cellentani
- 12 oz. 3/4-inch dice red onion
- 12 oz. yellow pear tomatoes
- 12 oz. red pear tomatoes
- 12 oz. 3/4-inch dice English cucumber
- 12 oz. 3/4-inch dice orange bell peppers
- 12 oz. 3/4-inch dice yellow bell peppers
- 12 oz. 3/4-inch dice red bell peppers
- 12 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 12 oz. pitted kalamata olives
- 5 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 oz. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 15 oz. Greek dressing
- 15 oz. balsamic dressing
- salt and pepper
- 3 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Cellentani / Cavatappi
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.