Macaroni Salad with Shrimp2015-09-17
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Type: Entrée, Salad, Product Line: Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
Update your macaroni salad with tender baby shrimp and a zing of citrus juice. Use plenty of fresh herbs to add color and depth.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for 1 minute less than the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, and lemon juice together. Add the remaining ingredients (except the lettuces). Check the seasoning and refrigerate until needed.
Serve portions on a bed of spring lettuce mix.
- 5 lb. Barilla Elbows
- 2 1/2 lb. diced celery
- 2 1/2 lb. diced onions
- 2 1/2 lb. diced green bell peppers
- 2 1/2 lb. diced red bell peppers
- 8 oz. chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 oz. chopped fresh basil
- 2 lb. mayonnaise
- 3 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz. fresh lime juice
- 5 lb. baby bay shrimp, cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. spring mix lettuces
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Medium Shells
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.