Orzo with Creamy Caulifower and Calabrian Chili2020-02-25
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to directions.
Meanwhile, in a medium rondo, sauté the cauliflower over high heat until the cauliflower is nicely browned.
Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
Stir in the Calabrian chili oil and season to taste.
Remove the skillet from heat and fold in the cheese.
Garnish with chives.
- 3 lb. Barilla Orzo
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 9 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1½ cups white wine
- 4½ cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. Calabrian chili oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- ¾ cup chives, sliced