Penne Pasta Salad with The Chef’s Garden Zucchini Blossoms, Lemon Dressing, Raw Veggies, & Crispy Bacon2020-06-24
- , Type: Entrée,
Recipe by Chef Lorenzo Boni
1. Prepare all ingredients as described in the ingredient list. Place in the refrigerator in separate containers.
2. Place a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to directions, draining one minute early. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and set aside flat on a sheet pan to cool down quickly.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by blending remaining olive oil, lemon juice, 6 zucchini blossoms, salt and pepper.
4. In a skillet, sauté bacon until crispy, drain excess fat and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, toss pasta with cut up vegetables, dressing, and 1/2 of the bacon, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Top with remaining cheese and bacon, and drizzle with remaining dressing and top with microgreens before serving.
- 1 Box Tricolor Rotini
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 7 each The Chef's Garden Zucchini Blossoms
- 10 Asparagus, thinly sliced *not included in box
- 1 The Chef's Garden Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 8 Slices Hickory Smoked Bacon, julienned Chef's Tip: A little bit of bacon goes a long way! You can serve a dish that's mostly veggies and even the carnivores will go for it with a little added bacon.
- 1 Container The Chef's Garden Microgreens