Persian Eggplant Stew (Khoresh Bademjan)2020-02-25
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a large rondo, fry the onions and eggplant for 7-8 minutes.
Add the garlic, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon, and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and water, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
Add the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice, then season to taste.
Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss with the sauce.
- 3 lb. Barilla Red Lentil Penne
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ea. medium eggplants, peeled and small diced
- 3 ea. onions, sliced thin
- 9 ea. garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. tumeric
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 qt. canned chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cup water
- ¾ cup pomegranate molasses
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste