Portobello Bacon Lardons2020-07-30
- , ,
Chef’s Tip: It is important to sprinkle the smoked paprika over the mushrooms while warm to bloom the paprika which intensifies its flavor. The smoked paprika will also better adhere to the mushrooms while warm.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the Portobello mushroom caps into 1/4" thick strips.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the mushroom pieces, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to incorporate. Transfer to a sheet tray ensuring the cut side of the mushrooms are making contact with the pan in one even layer.
4. Place the sheet tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the mushrooms and return to the oven and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven. While the mushrooms are warm, sprinkle with the smoked paprika and toss to combine.
6. Allow to cool at room temperature. Cut the mushrooms into 3/4" pieces. Transfer to a storage container and store at room temperature.
- 4 Each Portobello Mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 8 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika