Spaghettini con Speck2018-03-21
- Cuisine: Traditional Italian, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla® Collezione, Barilla® Traditional Semolina
The delicate flavor of the smoky speck and the sweet, earthy flavors of the chanterelle mushrooms create a savory sauce perfect for a cold night.Speck is a full-favored, cured, cold smoked ham similar to prosciutto with a subtly smoky flavor available at specialty meat or Italian markets.
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook 1 min. less directed on package.
Arrange speck in a single layer on sheet pan. Bake 20-25 min. at 350°F standard oven until crisp. Drain on paper towels; cool. Place in work bowl of food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
Meanwhile heat oil in rondeau on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 8-10 min. until deep golden brown and all moisture is evaporated.
Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in heavy cream; bring to a simmer. Add cheeses 1 cup at a time; whisking slowly and ensuring cheese has melted before next addition. Reduce heat to medium-low; carefully whisk in Grappa. Remove pan from heat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine pasta and sauce; toss to coat.
Garnish with speck, mushrooms, micro watercress and olive oil before serving.
- 3 pounds Barilla Spaghettini
- 12 ounces speck
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds Chantrelle mushrooms, cut into bit-size pieces
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 12 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 12 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup Grappa
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup loosely packed micro watercress
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Thin Spaghetti
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.