Spicy Sriracha Bowl2016-12-20
- Cuisine: Asian, Type: Entrée, Product Line: Barilla® Traditional Semolina, Barilla® Whole Grain, Protein+™
Noodles originated in Asia, so what’s more appropriate than a spicy chili-spiked sauce and lots of vegetables with pasta? For a protein boost, add pan-fried tofu cubes, shredded rotisserie chicken, or quick-roasted shrimp.
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
In a container, whisk together the sriracha, honey, and lime juice. Set aside.
For each serving, to order: Heat some oil and quickly saute 1/4 cup mushrooms and 2 Tbsp each carrots, peppers, and peas. Add 3 oz marinara and bring to a simmer.
Meanwhile, reheat about 1 cup pasta in simmering water. Drain and add it to the vegetables. Toss to coat and plate the pasta. Drizzle with about 1 Tbsp sriracha mixture; garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- 3.3 lb. Barilla spaghetti
- 3/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 Tbsp lime juice
- 6 Tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups matchstick cut carrots
- 3 cups thinly sliced yellow or green bell peppers
- 3 cups halved sugar snap peas
- 3 (24-oz) jars Barilla Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 9 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Chef Recommended Cuts
- PLUS® Spaghetti
- Whole Grain Spaghetti
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.