Upcycled Vegetarian “Meatloaf” with Penne and Sauce Aurora2020-07-30
Recipe by Chef Pascal Beaute
Chef’s Notes: Instead of using a loaf pan, you could use individual 3 inch round molds
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. In a large rondo sweat the onions in olive oil and butter until softened then add the remaining vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove from the stove ,add the pasta, the cheese (except parmesan), the raw chopped garlic, the fresh herbs.
4. Put into six (9X5) loaf pans, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Bake in a 350F oven for 45 minutes then let it cool for 30 minutes.
6. Unmold and cut into even slices
Method of Preparation: Aurora sauce
1. Warm the marinara sauce
2. Add the cream
- 3 Pounds Barilla Penne
- 3 3/4 Pounds Vegetables (mushroom stems, zucchini ends, squash, peppers, asparagus)
- 12 oz. Onions
- 6 oz. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 oz. Butter
- 15 each Garlic Cloves
- 6 oz. Fresh Herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, oregano)
- 36 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 24 oz. Cheese Pieces, end cut, shredded (Brie, Boursin, Cream Cheese, Cheddar, no blue cheese)
- 6 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 24 oz. Marinara
- 12 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream