Vegetable Lasagna with Creamy Bagna Cauda2020-06-26
- , Type: Entrée,
In Italy, there are hundreds of versions of lasagna, from veggie to seafood and meat. They almost always have this same bechamel base.
For the Bechamel:
Place the milk in a pot and bring to boil. Meanwhile in a separate pot; melt butter, stir in flour, and cook over medium heat for 2- 3 minutes. Stir in milk while whisking continuously, bring to boil and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and let sit on the side.
2. Chop parsley and set aside.
3. In another skillet, head oil and add minced shallot, chopped vegetables, and sauté over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Reserve one cup of the vegetables and stir the remaining vegetables into the bechamel, along with the chopped parsley.
For the Lasagna:
4. Start building the lasagna by placing a thin layer of bechamel on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Lay down three sheets of lasagna, cover with just enough of the bechamel/vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with Parmigiano, and repeat 4 more times, ending with al eyer of bechamel covered with Parmigiano.
- 1 Box Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagna
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, sliced on a bias
- 4 Yellow Squash, cut in 1/2- inch rondels
- 6 Kohlrabi, peeled and diced 1/2-inch
- 2 Cups Parmigiano Cheese, grated
- 1.5 Quarts Whole Milk
- 8 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, boiled in milk for 10 minutes and drained
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Anchovy Filets
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Beurre Manie, as needed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
Chef Recommended Cuts
This information is per serving.