Whole Grain Rotini with Cauliflower, Porcini Mushrooms and Fontina2018-03-21
This veggie-packed pasta is a great way to show-off the season’s best from the farmer’s market. Other vegetables that would work well in this recipe include: diced eggplant, sliced zucchini or yellow squash, halved cherry tomatoes, shelled edamame and fire-roasted corn.
Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook as directed on package.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 8-10 min. or until edges begin to brown. Increase heat to high.
Add carrots and cauliflower; cook 4-5 min. or until tender-crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add pasta; toss to combine with vegetables. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese before serving.
- 3 pounds Barilla Whole Grain Rotini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups porcini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices on bias
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
Chef Recommended Cuts
- Whole Grain Rotini
This information is per serving.
Please note: for the purpose of the nutritional assessment, total sodium does not include salt added to the cooking water. When salt is listed "as needed" in the ingredient list, 1 tsp total is included in the analysis.